Thursday 21 July 2016

Here goes the first of many x

Hi this is me and my recount of a life of a wife, mum and crafter all squeezed in to a working life as a TA in a primary shool.

Today is the first day of the summer holiday and I've slept in, as I imagine lots of school staff have. Then I've cleaned, cleaned and cleaned some more.

I have set myself goals for this holiday as usually by the end of the summer holiday I end up regretting not doing more. So my immediate plans for this holiday are;


  • Create a blog  ✔
  • Deep clean the house ✅
  • Finished any craft projects (WIPs) I've got left to do.
  • Sort the garden
  • Meet up with friends I've not seen for a while (hope they still want to see me)
  • Sort my zen den and use it!
  • Spend time with my teenagers doing stuff. Just us no one else.
  • Be a family doing things that make us laugh.
  • Discover something new as often as possible.
  • Meditate often and unrushed.
  • Be happy!


As you can see not much.... I'm hoping to rediscover myself this holiday too, often when I get caught up in life I start to feel spread a bit too thin. I hope that makes sense? I am far too hard on my self so I've been told and I'm hoping to like myself more. I feel truly blessed to have a large community of friends around me who in general don't judge me or make me look an idiot when I can make such a fabulous idiot of myself.

Tonight I start on my mission to be happy, it's curry night with my work family. I can imagine the rolling eyes, it's work they're only colegues not 'family or friends' but where I work its different to that. We're often commented on by people visiting that we are just that one big family. OK we don't all get along with all our families all the time and yes some member wind you up more than other's but that's what patience and tolerance are all about. We all have that prefered aunt or uncle or the ones that we talk to when we have to but we all get on. That's what life is about. We all bring something to the table to make our lives more enriched, without each one of us or family doesn't work.  This has been an especially hard end of term for me as a work family member has left to start fresh at a new school. I'll be honest I stuck my head in the ground for ages,  months in fact. But it's felt like someone has put their foot on the accelerator and the last week flew by. I returned home to my family an emotional wreck yesterday. I refuse to get so emotional tonight, tonight is about celebration a job well done, fabulous friendships and congratulating everything we've achieved this year.

So I'm sat here writing this just before I jump in the shower,  nervous excitement fluttering in my tummy as the first day of my holiday is half way through. I've managed to tick 2 things off my list and I'm starting on the finding me and happiness.

18 comments:

  1. Great first blog Sarah, looking forward to many more xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I just need to find a way to share it on fb x

      Delete
  3. fantastic, go girl!!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your list of things to do, you've got some really thoughtful ones on there and I hope you manage to do them all! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm going to try my hardest too x

      Delete
  5. Well done honey. Waiting for the next instalment xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous Sarah, looking forward to seeing more ticks on your list xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant I really enjoyed reading that and you write so well too. I'm looking forward to reading more x and I hope your happiness is quick found and everlasting :-)

    ReplyDelete