Saturday 23 July 2016

Family time

Hi this is me and my recount of a life of a wife, mum and crafter all squeezed in to a working life as a TA in a primary school.



Since breaking up from school I feel lots has been accomplished. I've met up with friends and family, sorted the house and have spent the day washing. How is it that simple pleasures can mean so much? Recently we bought a new washing line and today its had its busiest day. Usually I'm the kiss of death and it pours down but not this time there's been washing on it all day. The house has that wonderful outdoor dried clothes smell, it's quite a comforting smell if that makes sense.



Being out in the garden made me realise what a beautiful area we have out there. It's been much neglected since we adopted Pip the high jumper. We had to separate the patio from the garden with a higher fence so the garden really isn't used. Considering the lack of love it's thriving even if it has a few brambles poking through and with pretty weeds peppering the boarders. This holiday I intend on making it a usable area, come hook or by crook it will be an area to be enjoyed. We are so lucky to have such a large area that's been used for parties, water bomb fights,  trampolining, first steps you name it lots has happened in there. WE WILL USE IT AGAIN!



Most people who know me know I'm a bit of a bore when it comes to noticing things around me. Nature and the world around us can be so beautiful, there are far too many people happy to point out the terrible things in the world. I don't ignore it I'd just prefer to focus on the good and not get dragged down with the doom and gloom. Last night we had the most amazing sunset. I was talking to a friend on the phone and suddenly this explosion of colour happened above the houses in front of me. It was simply stunning and I felt blessed to be able to witness it. The photo really doesn't do it justice but it really was amazing.




The small teen and I spent the afternoon watching Me before You, WOW! I sure did sob. It made for interesting conversation after. While we watched this hubby and big teen went out doing some male bonding. Then we've spent the evening as a family. This is something that doesn't happen anywhere near as much as it should, one of the things about teens is them being locked away in their rooms or even out with friends. You go from being the center of their world to being a B&B, that makes days like today that much more special. Giggling about nonsense, taunting each other, conversations about old days it's been amazing. This holiday I'm looking forward to lots more days like that.



I'm still trying to suss this blogging thing out. I have lots if photos I want to share with you but I'm not 100% sure how to add them. If any appear that will be a bonus. Fingers crossed with a bit if tinkering between my phone and small teens laptop I'll get better at this malarkey lol.


Speak to you soon
S x

9 comments: