Saturday 30 July 2016

Time out, another goal met

Hi this is me and my recount of a life of a wife, mum and crafter all squeezed in to a working life as a TA in a primary school.





So I've done lots in the couple of days and I feel accomplished. Wednesday I went for a walk with one of my dogs. It wasn't planned other than just we were going out for a walk. The sun was out and I wanted to have time to think so the local nature reserve was where we ended up, a canopy of trees blocking us away from the rest of the world, paths we've walked a thousand times but are different each time you step through them, large watered areas that are slowly turning into bogs as thick as chocolate fudge, bugs whizzing past and bloody mosquitoes!!! I loathe those things and was fortunate enough only to be bitten once but oh my it hurts! We ambled through greeting other walkers enjoying the peace and Lillie, the dog, enjoying the freedom to just run. 




The area of the nature reserve is part of the mining area, which is all around where we live, This is the cave, I've convinced myself and others, has an metal ore of some description in it as it has a green like weathered copper in it. I really like this area of the woods and I can't explain why but I do.





The Trolls Bridge
Can you tell I work in a school? The wonderment just a few white lies these walk ways can cause. The evil troll under the bridge is lurking waiting for a juicy child to munch so stamp and shout as loud as you can to scare him and make him think your not a child. Whilst walking I found myself thinking of new tales to spin, they get wise to our tales and we need to keep adding new spins to keep their imaginations alive. I LOVE MY JOB can you tell?






The log pile twisted and snarled but full of life when you look and listen closer, easily missed as we stomped through. Again my head started to think of new tales for the new year coming up. After a short walk we crossed the bridge and found ourselves at the canal. It's so tranquil my only wish was that others would treat it with the respect it deserves and take their rubbish home with them!




New life was all around as we walked which is just beautiful to see.




Plus a swan? I don't think I've ever seen one there before. So elegant and regal with the way it glided down the canal. How can this all be just within waking distance?



How lucky are we?


The afternoon brought time with big teen, little teen was still away with her friends family. We had no real plans and all the afternoon to ourselves. We headed to the Hollybush, a local garden center. I have been dropping hints (hope your reading this HUBBY) for a garden swing. I've wanted one for years and still haven't got one and the weather up to this point had been amazing. We tested out a few and found this beauty...



Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha obviously this is far too much for what I would like but they do have one in there that I really like. We went to our local Range store too and mooched about. The time we spent together I realised was precious as going out and hanging out and having a giggle are coming to the end. Being with your mom isn't cool...


Last but not least baby teen is home. Gone is the quite and thank goodness for that. We've all missed her and loved listening to her tales from her few days away. Thank you Wootons for having her. xxx


Till next time
S xxx


























3 comments:

  1. Oh my Sarah you're getting good at this blogging! Actually felt like I was taking that walk with you ♡♡♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm finding it really enjoyable. Thank you for reading again xxx

      Delete
    2. I'm finding it really enjoyable. Thank you for reading again xxx

      Delete