Tuesday 26 December 2017

So again it's been a while





It's been too long.




It's Boxing day, different this year as Thomas has been working so going over to my moms for trifle breakfast had to be put on hold. It's been quite a lazy day, trifle was eaten, napping on the sofa happened as did the turkey curry. Christmas day was wonderful, everyone was happy/surprised by their gifts and I'm confident they were all loved. I actually shocked John with his gifts and he was the first one to rush off to set up his new radio. Likewise he shocked me with my very own tablet and cheeky cover for it. I had gifts aplenty all of which I've loved. I asked for vouchers for Curry's so I could get myself a fitbit which I now have on my wrist, it's going to be disappointed today though as I've hardly moved from the sofa. We've laughed, sat transfixed at the TV, snuggled and nodded. Oh I've forgotten to mention the eating.  It's been good,exactly what boxing day should be about.




John took Thomas to work today at the local retail park for his shift at 7am this morning and he was horrified at the amount of people there already for the sales. I'm sorry there's nothing I'm that desperate for the day after being spoilt to leave my bed whilst it's dark. I struggle on a normal day to get up when it's still dark so there's no chance I'd do it by choice on boxing day!
The not so little people in my house have both loved their gifts. Big child has already disappeared upstairs to become the next Fat Boy Slim or whoever it is now and little child is clicking away and even did revision on Christmas day! Who does that? Go little child.


Without being too miserable I've had an awful year health wise, I've missed out on chucks of normality and special events. I've never been one to wish time away but I'm looking forward to a much healthier year in 2018. We still have a few days of 2017 left and I'm going to enjoy it. Family, friends, laughter and happiness are on the cards.


So that's me for today. My commitment is to blog no less than once a week, short, long, interesting, boring or just a ramble through my head no less than once a week. How lucky are you going to be 
Happy Boxing day all x

No comments:

Post a Comment